Invoice Management & Bill Processing System
Complete, integrated processing for accounts payable
- Capture supplier invoices via email or web portal
- Eliminate data entry with OCR and advanced data extraction
- Match POs to invoices and receipts
- Route approvals intelligently
- Schedule batch invoices for payment
The new invoice text recognition feature and the overall AP software has been really valuable for our finance organization.
VP and COO at TradeHelm
Effortless Invoice Import
Submitting bills is simple and easy for your suppliers. To centralize invoice receipt, suppliers can submit invoices via email or upload them directly to your secure portal and track their progress. Approvers can make more informed decisions with documents like vendor contracts and proof of work being attached to each invoice. The complete invoice lifecycle, from payment execution to reconciliation, can be managed and reviewed in the Tipalti AP Hub.
- Email your accounts payable alias directly
- Upload directly from the Supplier Hub
- AP staff can upload from the AP hub
- Attach relevant documents to an invoice from the AP Hub
- Duplicate invoice protection alerts you if a bill looks too similar to prevent double payment
Touchless Invoices Processing
Never key in another invoice. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology eliminates tedious invoice data entry. Layers of machine learning and managed services improve the performance of future invoices.
- Invoices are scanned into the system.
- Details are automatically extracted and pre-populated both the header and line level.
- After manual review, Tipalti intelligently recognizes any of your override changes and applies that logic to future invoices.
- A second layer of invoice data extraction after OCR ensures invoice data is accurately captured.
Coding & Approval Prediction
Tipalti uses smart logic and machine learning for additional bill data prediction. Business rules assign bill approvers, bill level coding such as departments and accounts, and payer entity.
- Save time and improve efficiency with touchless straight-through processing.
- Minimize delays in obtaining approvals.
Built-in Communication Hub
With built-in messaging and file management capabilities, AP teams and business approvers can communicate and collaborate with one another, resolving issues quickly and accelerating invoice processing times directly through the AP Hub and messaging notification emails. Approvers can make more informed decisions with documents like vendor contracts and proof of work attached to each invoice.
- Send messages and tag AP Hub users on the bill
- Trigger email notifications to users tagged in bills
- Reply to the messages directly from the notification emails without logging into the AP Hub
- Manage invoice-related documents from the AP Hub
Automated PO Matching
Ready to streamline purchasing policies? You can configure rules to determine if inbound invoices should be matched based on your company’s policies. All rules are customized to align with your company’s needs.
- 2-way and 3-way matching for headers and line levels and easily handles mismatches with tolerance ranges.
- If an invoice can’t be auto-matched based on the tolerance thresholds, you can define additional exception approvals.
Efficient Multi-Tier Approvals
Tipalti allows for unlimited invoice approvers and configurable workflows through the AP Hub to strengthen your internal controls. Eliminate the lengthy process of manually chasing down approvers for their signoff.
- Automated routing emails for in-mail or online approval.
- Approvers can view invoices that are pending review, awaiting AP action, or payment, as well as outstanding invoices
- Invite new suppliers to register on the Supplier Hub directly from the approval email.
Unified with Payment Processing
Any system can handle a single bill, but what happens when you have dozens or even hundreds of invoices to process? Whether you’re paying multiple invoices in a single workflow or in batch, Tipalti can handle it.
- Easily group invoices for payment regardless of who they’re from or what payment method they’re using
- Automatically separate approvals for invoices and the actual movement of cash to enforce segregation of duties
- Supplier payments are automatically held if adequate funds aren’t available
- Flexibility to put on-hold specific invoices from payment batches for paying them later
Automated Supplier Communications
What do accounts payable teams hate the most? Requests from suppliers about payment status. Automated communications ensure suppliers are informed throughout every step of the invoice and payment process – from invoice receipt, to approval, and payment.
- Status notifications via email and online self-service access to invoice and payment history drastically cuts AP time spent on inquiries and resolution
- Boost productivity and reduce overall invoice processing costs.
Seamless, Real-Time Reconciliation & ERP Integration
Because invoices are tied to the actual payment process, Tipalti delivers real-time payment reconciliation directly to your ERP after payments are made, without any need for finance to tie together countless spreadsheets.
- Faster, more accurate visibility drives better business decisions
- Audit trails maintain a deep history of user and supplier activity
Innovation and efficiency come built-in
Tipalti offers the most comprehensive payables technology to help your business streamline, simplify, and evolve.
Let’s get more productive
Schedule a demo today and learn how you can take control of your payables.